Chief Technology Officer
- Lead the company’s technology strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals, through identifying, comparing, selecting and implementing best of breed technology solutions and system architecture, to meet current and future needs, deliver operational efficiencies and provide competitive advantage.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence; Monitor system infrastructure and workflows to ensure they’re functioning and working efficiently, 24/7; and develop and manage business continuity and disaster recovery plans in the event of a technological breach or other disaster.
- Track, analyze and monitor key technology performance metrics, and design and initiate changes to effect continual improvement and increase profits, and establish and manage departmental budget and P&L.
- Develop and manage processes to ensure client content; and company, staff, freelancer and supplier data is secure, in accordance with governmental and other standards; and manage technology audits.
- Provide direction, mentoring, motivation and support to Technology Dept. Managers, and track and measure performance, in order to meet department’s objectives. Ensure key projects are delivered to agreed budget and deadline.
- Collaborate with other Senior Leadership Team members to design and implement effective strategies to enable business to meet objectives; Clearly communicate technology strategy and status updates (against agreed timeline) to SLT and Board, using stakeholders feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments.
JOB LOCATION & LOGISTICS
Flexible working embraced as part of this role: Combination of working remotely, from HQ (Cranbrook, Kent), and/or central London shared workspace. Requirement to travel to within UK, Europe and USA sporadically for client meetings and trade shows. Full-time position.
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar technology leadership role
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree a plus
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy, ideally within the media & entertainment industry
- Strong business acumen, and extensive experience managing small and large budgets, thinking creative financially, business planning and project management
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Strong and confident leadership
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management
- Strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent understanding of cloud technologies, MAMs and AWS workflows,
HR & Office Manager
THIS IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT
Position: HR and Office Manager
Location: Take 1 Transcription,
Head Office, Crane Chambers, 58 High Street, Cranbrook, Kent, TN17 3DL
(Currently combination of remote working and on premise)
To undertake the overall Office Management and HR responsibilities for the Take 1 UK Office and to provide support to senior leaders as required.
- Management of all recruitment, including posting of job vacancies, liaising with agencies, selection of candidates and conducting interviews.
- Maintaining staff records including holiday and sickness.
- Provide support to staff with appraisals process and ensure efficient management of appraisals documentation.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date health and safety procedures, including COVID secure protocols
- Manage onboarding of new employees and exit processes.
- Keep abreast of all HR legislation, ensuring Take 1 are up to date and compliant.
- Handling confidential material in the appropriate manner.
- Handling staff welfare sensitively and appropriately.
*We are currently working majority remotely. Once restrictions lift we will be operating with a blend of remote and on-premise.
- Management of all office documentation and legislation, including regular fire risk assessments.
- Management of all office maintenance visits and documentation
- Ensuring office efficiency by planning and implementing systems, layouts and purchasing of equipment and supplies.
- Monitoring the condition of the office and arranging for the necessary repairs.
- Liaising with external suppliers, acting as their first point of contact.
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate.
- Greeting visitors and providing refreshments at the Cranbrook site when present.
Administrative support to Senior leaders
- Carry out a range of ad hoc administrative support tasks for Senior Leadership Team, including:
- Management of travel insurance and documentation as required
- Provide administrative support to President/Founder, Freelance Resource Lead/Executive Director
- Preparation for board meetings.
- Calendar management for President/ Founder and Freelance Resource Lead/Executive Director.
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
1. At least 2 years’ Office Management experience.
2. Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Excellent attention to detail.
4. Excellent organisation skills.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Trustworthy and reliable.
7. Problem solving ability, and ability to keep calm under pressure.
8. Self-motivated and proven ability to work under their own initiative.
1. At least 1 year’s recruitment or HR experience
Isabel Withey – Chief of Staff