Take 1 recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will work towards targets, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Isabel Withey, Chief of Staff, is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met. Our UK headquarters are in scope for FY 22/23.
We endeavour to:
· Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
· Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
· Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
· Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
· Increase employee awareness and training.
· We have reduced our paper usage in 2021/22 by switching to 95% remote working in UK and 100% remote working in Chile and US.
· In 2022/23 we will reduce paper consumption by 10%.
· We will reduce packaging by 10% in 2022/23.
· We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
· We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
· We reduced our energy consumption in 2021 by switching to 95% remote working in UK and 100% remote working in Chile and US.
· We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used in UK office in 2022/23 by 10% from 2021/23.
· In October 2020, we switched to a 100% renewable energy supplier for UK office.
· Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
· Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
· We will reduce use of dishwasher to minimum.
· We will switch to LED lights in UK office by end March 2023.
· We have allocated signage in kitchen area to encourage staff to minimise use of electrical appliances.
· The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
· Our energy and water consumption data are available on request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
· We have reduced our requirement for office supplies in UK office by switching to 95% remote working in UK. We closed our Chile office premises in April 2022 and switched to 100% remote working in Chile office. Our US team is 100% remote working.
· We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
· We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
· We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
· We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
· We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
· We reduced volume of general waste in 2021 in UK and Chile offices by switching to 95% remote working in UK and 100% remote working in Chile and US.
· We are measuring general waste produced throughout 2022. We will work to reduce our volume of waste by 10% in 2022/23 in UK office.
· We will work to target of 100% diverted from landfill by end of March 2023.
· We will continue to measure our recyclable waste throughout 2022/23.
· We will continue to measure how much electronic waste is recycled in UK office throughout 2022. We will work to target of 95% recycled electronic waste by end March 2023.
· Our waste management data is available on request. Contact email@example.com for more details.
· We reduced our need to travel and our carbon emissions in 2021 by switching to 95% remote working in UK and 100% remote working in Chile office.
· We will continue to measure our carbon emissions from business travel throughout 2022/23. We will make the data available on request by end of 2022.
· We will work to a target of reducing business travel and carbon emissions by further 10% in 2022/23.
· We will continue to use travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
· We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
· We will favour ‘green’ vehicles if and when rental vehicles are required.
Maintenance and Cleaning
· Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
· Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
· We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
· We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
· We will continue to issue quarterly environmental sustainability newsletters to all staff throughout 2022.
· We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
· We will continue to provide staff with sustainability and environmental awareness training.
· We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
· We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Monitoring and Improvement
· We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
· We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
· We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
· We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
· We will increase employee awareness through training.
· We will review this policy annually.